“History of Tashkent Medical Academy dates back to 1919, when in April 13, 1919, it was decided to open a medical faculty of Turkestan State University. In 1931, the medical faculty was renamed into a medical institute called as Tashkent State Medical Institute.
In 1935 the Tashkent Medical Institute was known as the Central Asian Medical Institute. The institute experienced consistent positive developmental changes and over a period of time emerged as a leading Medical Institute of Central Asia attracting large number of local and international students.
By the end of 1980, the institute had 1,042 faculty members, including 6 academicians, 24 Uzbek doctors, 90 doctors of medical sciences, professors, 207 candidates of medical sciences, associate professors, and students. During this period, the Institute improved the educational, educational, methodological, scientific, state and international relations. The Institute established cooperation with leading medical institutions in Hungary, Germany, Poland and Russia.
First and Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
By decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic in 1990, two medical institutes were established on the basis of the old and new buildings of Tashmi in Tashkent: the First Tashkent State Medical Institute and the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute.
Tashkent Medical Academy
To improve the quality of training highly qualified medical personnel & the effectiveness of the educational process necessary to meet the needs of modern education and create a material and technical base, enriched with new content based on the latest educational technologies for future professional medical practice in teaching special skills on the basis of the abolished First and Second Tashkent State Medical Institutes by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No.UP-3629 dated July 19, 2005, the Tashkent Medical Academy was established.
Branches of The Tashkent Medical Academy: Tashkent Medical Academy has 3 Branches
Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 125 dated March 11, 1992 and order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 171 dated March 20, 1992 established the Urgench branch. The Fergana branch of the Tashkent Medical Academy was established on the basis of the Medical Center at the Fergana State University by Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 239 of June 3, 1998. On the initiative of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 172 dated March 5, 2018, the Termez branch was established.”
At present over 1600 students are studying in the Institute The 10 Floor building of the Institute with around 90 Rooms, 55 Educational audiences with e-book boards are available in all audiences. Lecture rooms are equipped with 16 multimedia equipments The Institute has indoor Canteen/Mess Facility One Indoor sports hall & 2 outdoor sports grounds Tashkent Medical Academy is Recognized by WHO International Students are eligible for MCI. PMDC ECFMG Certification Clinical Residency has around 28 Branches including Surgery. Pediatrics, Neurology etc Education programs are conducted for bachelors in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing and Pharmacy